Thursday, May 08, 2008

etsy treasuries


Ever since I've been on Etsy I have been hearing about treasuries. Some people make them incessantly, apparently. They are, on the face of it, an altruistic way to show your favorites of others work. If you make lots, and get many people kind of feeling like they owe you (kind of like when they've been asked to dinner several times), then you are likely to be in their treasuries. The real payoff comes if a treasury in which you are displayed catches the eye of an administrator, and you find an item of yours on the front page. I don't look at FP that much, but I gather many people do.

Well, anyway, I gave it a shot. Took me several tries to get the hang of it and to manage to be awake at the opportune moment. But I got this fiesta-colored assortment into Treasury West, and then a day later the gray-greenish page of art from Dentonites into the main Treasury.


It was kind of fun. I guess I'll do it again. Of course, to get them SEEN you either have to blazon your accomplishment all over the forums somehow, or think of a REALLY intriguing title. Sigh. I hate promoting. Sigh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home