Tuesday, November 08, 2011

off to Galveston

Not me, but some of my jewelry. Rhonda is heading for the Texas Art Educators Association conference this week. She and some other Denton artists have a sale table there, and she offered to see what she could do with some of my things.

I didn't get a picture of my display construction before I handed it off to her. I was pretty pleased with it. I used two layers of matte-board and some blue velvet to make a stiff velvet-covered board the size to fit in a display tray (7-3/4" x 14"). Some of my 8-gauge copper wire and a brass tube formed a sturdy easel. I made an 8" length of black oxidized copper chain, fastened at a slant across the board near the top. 10 hooks in the chain support neck-chains and bracelets, and half a dozen pairs of earrings go across the top. It gets lots of chain pretty well-displayed in a small space. I'll make a couple more before the DHS show in December.

I'm hardly going to make my fortune selling one pair of earrings a month at Oxide. Still, one pair beats no pairs. The blue and silver dragon-scale pair found a buyer at the Gallery Night last Saturday. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home