Sunday, May 25, 2008

my whole name

Every now and then, like most of us, I Google my name. I'm learning to be thankful for my middle name. I always liked it for the family associations; my mother was an only child, so both Crispin and I have her maiden name as a middle name. Crispin has managed to pass it on; LilleTom, almost six now, rejoices in the full name of Rolf Tom Einar Mount-Miller! I, being a spinster aunt (with no hidden love children to my name) can only try to add permanence to the name by using my full name, Abigail Mount Miller, to identify myself and my works -- primarily my jewelry, of which I have sold a few dozen pieces now in various venues.

The specific reason I am glad of my middle name is because of Abigail Miller, the Christian faith singer. If I google just Abigail Miller, I mostly get references to her, and while I am sure she is a worthy person, she is certainly not me (even though I do sing). There's also an Abigail Miller who is head of a Montessori school. I admire her ability tremendously; I taught in a middle school that was associated with a Montessori lower school. I sure couldn't do it, but I think it is by far the best way to learn.

So just for reference:

I am Abigail Mount Miller
the daughter of Mary Isabel Mount Miller and Tom Polk Miller, (who were Mount Miller Architects)
the sister of Crispin Mount Miller (the engineer, not the maker of teddy bears or Mark Crispin Miller the author)
the grand-daughter of Jess Wallace Mount, Ellen Donald Mount, Enoch Lester Miller, and Willie E. Chumley Miller

If I go find the right papers and notes, I can go back further, but I think that identifies me as me, not those other Abigail Millers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home